Principles + Partners
Great Communities Collaborative Equitable and Sustainable Communities Principles
The GCC Equitable and Sustainable Communities Principles are a values statement designed to ground the GCC network in a way that centers low-income communities and communities of color. We believe that equitable and sustainable communities are defined by the inclusion of: affordable housing, transit, community driven land uses and the centering of low income communities and communities of color such that they can stay in place and thrive in the face of economic and climate pressures. See here for the full document.
GCC Partners include regional policy leaders, community groups, businesses, local and regional government agencies, and funders. These leaders and experts lend their knowledge to the creation of sustainable and equitable policies and plans that work toward the common agenda of creating Great Communities.
GCC CORE PARTNERS
GCC NETWORK PARTNERS
HISTORIC GRANTEE PARTNERS
Want to Become a GCC Partner?
Sign up for our email list, and we’ll update you on what GCC is doing and where you can plug in.
OTHER METRO REGIONS
Working with other metro regions and our partner TOD collaboratives across the country is a fantastic way to share best practices and lessons learned, and to continue to grow together as a field. Here are just a few of the many growing TOD collaboratives active around the country today:
- Atlanta: TransFormation Alliance
- Baltimore: Baltimore Neighborhood Collaborative
- Boston (Greater Boston): Massachusetts Smart Growth Alliance
- Chicago: Elevated Chicago
- Denver: Mile High Connects
- Los Angeles: California Community Foundation (CCF) , Los Angeles Transit, Housing, Resources, and Investment for a Thriving Economy (LA THRIVES), Alliance for Community Transit Los Angeles (ACT-LA)
- Minneapolis/Saint Paul: Central Corridor Funders Collaborative
- San Francisco Bay Area: 6 Wins for Social Equity Network, Bay Area Regional Health Inequities Initiative, Great Communities Collaborative, The San Francisco Foundation (TSFF)
GCC looks forward to expanding our relationships and partnership with other collaboratives into the future.